Custom Made Orthotics
Custom-made orthotics/foot orthoses are specially-made devices designed to support and comfort your feet. Properly prescribed custom-made orthotics will support the foot by redistributing pressure and/or realigning foot joints during weight bearing activities, such as standing, walking running.
- Goal is to prevent and control unwanted motion in the joints of the foot and prevent pain while standing, walking or running.
- Goal is to distribute weight away from a painful or problematic area.
- Does not try to control unwanted motion in the joints of the foot but instead support and help cushion the foot.
Custom-made Orthotics can help with:
- Plantar Fasciitis/Plantar Heel Pain
- Arch Pain
- Morton’s Neuroma
- Flat Feet/Pes Planus
- High-arched Feet/Pes Cavus
- Achilles Tendinitis/Tendinopathy
- Knee Pain/Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome
- Ankle Instability/Ankle Pain
- Bunion Deformity
- Lesser Toe Deformities (Hammer/Claw/Mallet Toes)
- Arthritis/Arthritic Joint Pain
- Diabetes/Preventive care for diabetic feet
- In-toeing/out-toeing in children
- Knee and/or back pain (related to poor foot function)
Benefits of wearing Custom-made Orthotics
- Help relieve pain in the foot, ankles, knees, hips & back
- Redistribute abnormal pressure on your feet
- Correct the bio-mechanical alignment of your feet/body
- Slow down progression of any bio-mechanical deformity such as bunions
- Support the plantar aspects of the feet (i.e., arch, heel & ball of the foot)